Friday, June 5, 2009

Everyone's at work.

School ended a week ago. So summer is in. As school was finishing up, I asked my friends what their plans where for the summer break. The majority of the replies I got where; "Oh, just sleeping in until at least noon!" Sighh. I wish more people would realize what god has given us. And what we are able to do. There are so many arts and crafts, and other fun activities you can do. That don't cost money, or are hardly expensive. I'd suggest that everyone gets their recommended hours of sleep, but do that by going to bed early, and rising early.

-In my family this is what we do in the summer time;

  • It was decided last night that we have Breakfast and Scripture Study at 8:00 A.M.
  • Gabrielle and Emma asked to be signed up for summer school at Wasatch Elementary Monday- Thursday. So they attend that from 9-12.
  • Meanwhile Maria, Joshua, Mara and I try to get our jobs done. My dear Mother and Father are both working. So it's up to us to make sure that the house is clean and presentable. Mother dear writes out our names on a paper, and lists one job per day, that we will do for the next two weeks. I think it's a wonderful idea.

  • When Gabrielle and Emma come back from Summer School they are responsible for getting their daily job done. There is usually no complaining when my mother writes out the list like this. Once we see that others have things to do as well, we visually see that it's not unfair at all. We all live in this house. And we all need to do our part to make it a "Heaven on Earth."

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

Where are all the pics from California?

Leah Anne said...

Be patient Genevieve! (: I'm working on getting them up. Every time I attempt to upload the pictures from California Dad always tells me to get off the computer. I'll get them up, hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see and read what you are all up to.

Look at your blog and see how some of those colors aren't all that readable on the background color ... choices!

Wierd Uncle :-P