Tuesday, July 7, 2009

B.I.A.B.D.?

I believe it's B.I.A.B.D.
On Monday I went to work. It was an iffy day. Everything was going great, until I realized we where having a little too much fun and an hour flew by so fast! The girls where late for Choir. I helped to get their shoes on and rush them out their house.

I was then at the house with a very clingy but adorable little boy, about a year old. And his older brother, who is 5.

The older boy had been eating a ring pop and when he finished he set it on the ground. I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh Henry! That's not where trash goes." I picked it up and took it to the kitchen trash.

When I came back he asked if we could play outside. Of course, I said yes. I looked around the room for my peek (My 'Phone'). I didn't see it anywhere. When I'm with the kids I always make sure I have it just in case of an emergency and I need to contact someone really fast and there's no other way.

Panic set in, for some reason...hahah. I looked everywhere! Through all the toys, the bed, rocking chair, drawers. I could not figure out where they went! I walked into the kitchen to get the phone and call my dad. I told him that I "seemed to of miss placed my peek", and asked if he would text me. Of course, after a moment of laughter he said yes.

I continued to look around, I let the kids play in the backyard and went to look in the nearby rooms, thinking maybe they'd of picked it up and taken it some place else.
2 of the near by rooms where the girls room and the bathroom. Not being successful in the girls room, I checked on the boys, then continued to the bathroom. I looked in the tub, on the counter, and even in the toilet!
I was getting so frustrated, and was on the verge of tears (Ridiculous I know!). I just didn't know what to do.

I walked into the backyard and sat on the ground with the boys. Out of habit, whenever I sit down, I pull my peek out of my back pocket. So, that's what I did. I pulled it out, and set it right next to me. I continued to play with the boys for a moment. When I realized,

MY PEEK WAS IN MY BACK POCKET THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

I was sooo frustrated! I couldn't help but laugh. I told everyone texting me that morning to not text me, 'cause I'd be working until noon. When I got my dads text I thought I was just halucinating. I didn't remember picking up my peek when I left the room to throw away the ringpop.

When I texted my dad back letting him know I had found it... In my back pocket. He replied saying: "Like I've said to others. Blonde is as blonde does. Or in other words- Blonde is a state of mind! Love you Leah!!!"

Reminds me of last Thursday. I was at my dads work. One of his coworkers was talking with me and Joshua. This is how the conversation went;

Coworker: So how many are younger then you Leah?
Leah: mmm... 5.
Coworker: Oh how fun. How about you?
Joshua: 3 younger.
Leah: Oh. Then only 4.
Blonde Is As Blonde Does.

No comments: